Wanneer Urifoon (nog) niet
Bedwetting is rarely caused by a physical anomaly. Therefore, a bedwetting alarm can usually be considered without consulting a doctor.
Nonetheless, you should always keep an eye out for certain symptoms.
Paediatrician I.M. Baldew describes situations in which it's better to consult your GP first:
• a child of 5 years or older can't control their bladder no matter what time of the day
• going to the bathroom hurts
• the urine has a different colour, e.g. cloudy, red or dark
• the urine has a strong smell
• the child urinates drop by drop
• the child urinates a lot (2 to 3 times per hour)
• the child urinates very little (2 to 3 times per day)